Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On



Today I needed to hear these words. My friend and fellow Sol Survivor, Amy Dunn, is not doing well. She is home from Arizona now because there is nothing more that they can do. I pray that she will be able to have peace, comfort, and not be in pain with whatever time she has left. I pray that her family will also be comforted and reassured that God loves her, along with many, many others. I know that God has great plans for her, she is a special person and will continue to do extraordinary things!

It's hard for me to not take news like this personal because of our link to melanoma. It also doesn't help when I hear other's struggles with melanoma because I can't help but think sometimes, "When is it my time?" I know that is morbid and I shouldn't have those thoughts, but it seems like most everyone I know that has Stage 4 Melanoma either passes away or eventually has to fight it again, also to succomb to the disease. Fortunately I do know a few survivors that are still around several years into remission and that gives me hope. I know that most likely my fight with melanoma isn't over, but I'm going to continue holding onto the hope that advances are made each and every day and that there could very well be a "cure" in the near future (or just better treatment options).

Until then, all we can do is try to "Keep Calm and Carry On".

No comments: