Sunday, September 15, 2013

Melanoma cure???

I read this article the other day, which gave me so much hope that we are SO close to finding a cure to melanoma, or even treatments that will not only help so many advanced melanoma patients have more durable remissions.  The word "cure" has always seemed so far out there, almost like that wasn't possible, and even though I'm still hesitant on using that word to describe melanoma, I also know that we really are on the breakthrough of finding better treatments that will at least halt and manage the cancer in late-stage melanoma patients.
 
 
I'm always looking for the silver lining to my diagnosis, so I see that as a "good" time to have melanoma!  Better now than 20, 10, or even 5 years ago!  To think of how far we've come in research over even the last few years is astounding and so hopeful.  Because I have never considered myself "cured" of melanoma and only in remission, I see this good news for me too.  I always have a "Plan B" in the back of my head if my melanoma were to return, so this gives me hope that if it does, I will hopefully have some viable options!

No comments: