Monday, August 16, 2010

One down, 5 more to go...


I think a herd of elephants, a semi-truck, and a train ran over my body last week. The week in the hospital was rough, but the first 5 days home from the hospital were even rougher. The fatigue is something that is so foreign to me. I mean, I've been exhausted before, but not like this. It's like everything wears me out-eating, talking, SITTING UP even, going to the bathroom, you name it, it exhausts me. So foreign for someone like me. For awhile there, I couldn't remember how it felt to feel GOOD, or NORMAL.

But then Day 5 came around, a friend came by to bring me some "super juice" (beets, carrots, and apple), and I started to come around. I was starting to feel HALF HUMAN again. My appetite was finally returning. The yucky taste in my mouth was going away. I actually felt like getting dressed and talking didn't feel like such a CHORE. I am grateful. I'm grateful that I really didn't experience a lot of nausea in the hospital and at home. That is the one side effect that I can LIVE WITHOUT. I'm grateful for all the help we've been given through friends and ward members this week. And for the help of family while I was in the hospital. Our kids are being blessed and protected. I can feel it and know that Heavenly Father is watching over them, keeping them safe, helping them feel loved and secure. They are handling everything SO WELL. I'm grateful to my parents who stayed in the hospital, by my side the entire time I was there. And for their care, concern, and willingness to do anything for me. We are truly blessed.

I can't think about going back in a week right now. I just want to enjoy this moment, enjoy this week of feeling good and normal. We're going to live it up too. Pool, park, bike rides, whatever!

1 comment:

Flashdancer Heather G said...

You are so amazing! I don't even have a blog and you have three! I love reading your writing; you are very talented. Thank you for sharing your inspiring journey. It gives me strength in many different ways. Fight, fight, fight!