Sunday, May 1, 2011

New goal (or should I say distraction?)


I've decided that since I will have 3 months in between scans and treatment (from June to Sept), that I need to distract myself from the anxiety of not knowing if the treatment is working or not. What better way to do that then to sign up for a race! I really want to get back into it, and this is a good start. The Viking Man event I'm going to do is the 1/2 Aquabike, which is a 1/2 Iron Man triathlon distance minus the run. That is a 1.2 mile swim in the Snake River and then a 56 mile bike ride. It will be good to train for a goal again. Some might think I'm a little nuts to do this all the while fight cancer, but it's important to me to keep living life and as long as I'm feeling good, why NOT??!!

2 comments:

pdeland said...

I just saw your original youtube video back in 2008. It made me wonder if you were a survivor & I clicked on your link & see that you are a survivor!!!! Thanks for sharing your story & struggle to help others!!!! I will start praying for you & your family today & will continue to do so. In His perfect love, Tricia :)

The Path Traveled said...

Thank you for sharing your story and Please keep fighting! Your blessed with a beautiful family that needs you. Check out my own journey and also blogging for a cure. This is Skin CANCER AWARENESS MONTH, its important to get the word out there. God bless you!