Friday, April 27, 2012

Life Moving Forward

Do you ever feel that life is moving too fast?


I feel that way all the time.  For one, having kids certainly makes life busier and fuller, thus the years seem to go by so quickly...

Reflecting on the last few years, I am in awe of the challenges that we have faced.  Life has changed drastically for our family, and for more than one reason.  Even though some of those reasons we could've never predicted nor wished for at the time, I wouldn't change anything about the way our life has transpired.


Life is about growing.  Learning.  Figuring out who we are and what our purpose is here.  Finding happiness within ourselves, our families, and with our lives.  Being content with what we have, and not always wishing we had something else or were someone else.  To me, life is exactly that...having gratitude for all things in our life, both good and bad.

I am grateful that life has helped me become more grateful, more content with what I have, and to appreciate the "small things".  I'm grateful for the lessons learned and for the blessings that God has bestowed upon me.  I am more grateful for my family, my friends and loved ones, and for the "new" people that have come into my life.  I have always believed that people come into your life for a reason.  I am lucky to have LOTS of those people in my life.

I now have a stronger belief in miracles, as I have witnessed many in my life, especially within the last several years.  I have more faith, I trust God more fully (but not perfectly), and I have more patience, perserverance, and empathy (but again, still have a ways to go).  I feel going through my challenges has truly brought me closer to God and has helped me see all that God gives me.

All I really want to do in life is be a good person.  A good mom.  A good wife.  A good daughter.  And a good friend.  When it is my turn to move forward after life, I want to know that I helped people, that I cared for people, and that I was the best example I could be.  That I made an impact on SOMEONE.

Having cancer has helped me empathisize with others better.  It has shown me how much I have to give to others.  You see, cancer helped me realize how important it is to SERVE OTHERS in life. How serving others, or giving charity is what truly makes us happy.  Serving others makes our burdens seem "light" when we are focused on others.  It puts our own trials into perspective because there is ALWAYS someone that has it worse.  I think that we have such a deeper sense of self full-fillment when we are constantly seeking to help those in need....

Do you ever have a feeling that God has bigger plans for you?  Like there is something more ahead, that is waiting for you?  I feel that ALL the time.  I know that I am blessed with certain talents and abilities and most importantly, life experiences that will help me to help others.  I always pray to God that I can do His will and be a tool in His hand.

Lately, I feel overwhelmed with all the good things going on in my life.   I have SO many things I want to accomplish or do, with raising my children and having a happy family being #1.  Right now, I feel that I am at this cross road of sorts. Trying to figure out what "good things" in my life I should do because that is the right thing to do, or what things to take off "my list" because either it's not the right thing or not the right time.  There's a season for everything and I'm trying to remember that.

I know that ultimately, God will direct my path to the things that I should be doing.  I just don't want to lose focus on my family and my health because if there's one regret that I could live without someday, it is not being "present" for my family or taking care of myself.  I think I do an OK job at those things now, but I want to do better...


So, what do you do when you have an opportunity in front of you that you know you could be good at or make a difference in people's lives, but yet you are hesitant because you worry it will take over your life (or your priorities)?  What if that opportunity feels right, but yet you aren't exactly sure how you are going to squeeze that into your life right then?  Do you seize it or let it pass you by hoping that maybe it's just something you do later?

Life continues to move forward at warp speed, and I am trying my best to keep up.  It's hard though.  Sometimes I just want to press "pause" or even "rewind" for a bit!  But that's not possible, so I guess I just move forward and have faith that I'm doing the right things!


No comments: