Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kristina Rabb

Here's another inspiring story from a Stage 3 melanoma warrior and survivor, and friend of mine!  She truly inspires all who know her with her healthy eating and lifestyle to keep her cancer at bay!  Way to go Kristina!


“Something to Live For”

 

My journey with melanoma began in April 2012.  I actually found out over the phone by my primary care physician after having a mole removed on my right upper back.  At that point they thought the melanoma was caught in the early stages, but after several surgeries they found microscopic melanoma cells in one lymph node.  After several scans, I was diagnosed with Stage 3a Melanoma.


The hardest part of this journey for me was that I was diagnosed with melanoma when my son was only 3 months old.  When my son was learning to crawl, I went through a month of interferon.  After that month on interferon, I was done.  That is when I began researching alternative methods to fighting cancer, and this is the path I am currently on.


Dealing with cancer brings a lot of struggles, like worrying about not being there for my son and husband.  This struggle has forced me to really value each day as a gift and to do my best to enjoy it, especially since I will never know what the future holds.


I'm so grateful to be alive and to be a survivor. Mostly though, I thank God, who through my struggles with cancer has brought me closer to Him.


Written by: Kristina Rabb, Stage 3 Melanoma survivor, California

No comments: