Friday, October 11, 2013

Sweet Shaelyn

About a year ago I learned of a 6 year old girl, Shaelyn, also living in Meridian, who had just been diagnosed with Stage 3 Melanoma.  When I first heard this, I immediately wanted to reach out to the family, but it wasn't until now that the stars aligned and we were able to meet.
 
 
After a couple of email exchanges, we were finally able to meet Shaelyn's mom at our support group. Shaelyn seems like a very special and strong girl.  She is undergoing Interferon treatment currently and doing very well considering the side effects that are typical with this drug.  I can't even imagine watching my young child go through this, it is just heartbreaking, but at the same time, inspiring that Shaelyn seems to be holding strong!  I hope and pray that Shaelyn has continued success and that her cancer stays in remission!

No comments: