Friday, November 8, 2013

And yet another 3 months (sigh)...

Well, the good news continues and how blessed I feel!  My test results came back good once again, and remission continues.  I feel so incredibly grateful each time I hear this news.  I never take it for granted.  My doctor has decided that my next 3 month visit will be my last 3 month visit, so long as my results are good.  And then I graduate to 6 month visits and no more Yervoy!
 
 
I have mixed emotions about this, as I have continually been in treatment for 3 1/2 years without a break.  On one hand, I feel anxious about the cancer returning once I'm no longer in treatment, but on the other hand, I'm also grateful to only have to return twice a year.  I guess I just need to trust my doctor, the statistics (my recurrence rate has dropped tremendously), and most importantly, God!

No comments: