Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Half way hump

I can't believe I'm halfway done with treatment. In some ways it has flown by, and in other ways it seems like forever since I felt completely "normal". This is a crucial point because before my next treatment I will do scans to see how well the treatment is working. I feel good about things though and because we have some idea that the tumors are shrinking (from the chest x-rays I get each time), it's not as nerve-wracking as it could be. Let's just hope and pray that not only are my lung tumors shrinking, but no new lesions are popping up in my body.

The recovery from this treatment has been rougher. And longer. I've been more tired and my stomach has been more unsettled. I think that is because each treatment builds on the last. I don't even want to know how I will feel by the 5th and 6th round! I just keep telling myself that it will be over before I know it. And then there's maitenance therapy for a ENTIRE year which requires me to travel back and forth once a month and do 2 1/2 days in the hospital with ONE of the drugs. UGH. But I'm trying not to think about that part. I gotta just focus on getting through the toughest part. Completing 6 treatments is a FEAT and there will be huge celebrations when it's all said and done and I'm "cancer free" (that's what I tell myself at least). In fact, my parents are taking the family to Maui in January and I CAN'T WAIT. Something to look forward to!

For now, I'm just glad to be home and be together with my husband and kids. And when I start coming out of recovery and I'm left with a "good week" there will be lots of "livin' it up" to be done before the next round! :)

No comments: