Monday, January 3, 2011

My therapy


Being in the outdoors is therapy to me. It's funny how easily I forget this too. Last Friday we took our kids skiing. It is always a lot of work with little kids getting gear on, carrying everything to the slopes (including our own gear), teaching them how to ski, picking them up when they fall, getting on and off the chair lift...well, you catch the drift. But let me tell you, it was well worth it. Despite freezing cold temperatures that day, it was a cloudless-blue sky-fresh snow on the trees kind of day. Being in that fresh air, enjoying the beauty of the mountains was everything I needed right then. All my stresses, worries, and concerns went out the door for a few hours. I don't think I thought about cancer at all! I was just basking in the glory of this beautiful day and so happy to be alive!!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Well said Christina! We're so glad you're able to enjoy some much needed quality time with your kids. Keep up the fight, we're rooting for you!

Scott and Katy Smith