Friday, July 15, 2011

My Grandma Jackie

My grandma Jackie was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of months ago, at the age of 79. It is heart-breaking to see another person that I know battle cancer. What is more heart-breaking though is she doesn't seem to have much "fight" in her. Sure, she is much older than I and I have asked myself what would I do in her situation and stage in life. To answer that, I'm not really sure. But I feel like no matter what age you are, you should fight like hell and not surrender. Sure, it really isn't in your control, only God can control your destiny. But wouldn't God want you to fight? Wouldn't He want you to believe that there is hope, that miracles happen, and that you can conquer this challenge? I believe so because I know that He wants us to be happy. I guess I just wouldn't want to leave this life with any regrets. And most certainly the regret of knowing that I didn't give it my all.

To my dear, sweet Grandma Jackie...May you find peace and comfort in this challenge you face. May you find the will to live and a greater sense of purpose in this life. Sure, it is a tough road. That's the way life is sometimes. I pray that you will find the good that can come from this challenge, that you will see it as something that can strengthen you and those around you (such as your children), and that you will believe that your MIND is more POWERFUL than your BODY. I wish I could be there to hug you, pray with you, and lift your spirit. I also pray that you will be able to look around you and know how LOVED you are by so many. You are blessed, despite your challenges, and you can PREVAIL. I love you and I am here for you!

No comments: