Saturday, May 12, 2012

Being a Mom


Being a mom is the most difficult job in the world. It is a job that requires your attention 24/7 with no pay and often no praise. But it is also the most rewarding job in the world and the most important one.

Being a mom means you wear many 'hats' or roles--chef, nurse, teacher, tutorer, maid, chaffeur, referee, cheerleader, discipliner, coach, nurturer, psychologist, and even friend. When you're a mom, you become a master multi-tasker...you learn to sleep with one eye and one ear open, you put sunscreen on your kids first, you give your kids extra helpings at dinner before serving a plate for yourself, and you give them all the extra blankets when you're camping to make sure they don't get cold. As a mom, you sacrifice everything just so your kids will be happy, and you do everything to create harmony, balance, and love in your home.

There is no greater responsibility than to be a mother. I am so honored and blessed to be the mom of these 2 muchkins. They keep me busy, they give me my continued determination to fight, they keep me "fun", and they help me to want to do better. There are days that I want to literally pull my hair out and throw in the towel, but then there are moments that remind me that this tough work is worth it. Like when Carson climbs into my bed first thing in the morning to snuggle or when Austin says his prayers and continues to pray for me and my healing, that I think, "yes, this is worth it."

They bring me more joy than I ever thought was possible and I know that without them, I wouldn't fight as hard to be here.

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there! Take the time to relish in those "small moments" that put a smile on your face, a tear in your eye, and remind you that you are doing the most important job in the world.

No comments: