Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Small and Simple things

Today I am grateful for many things.  Simple things.
Like the fact that I am able to witness my 7 year old son play baseball.


And that I am able to attend preshool "graduation" for my 4 year old and watch him shine.


Today I talked to an old friend and laughed so hard.  I was grateful in that moment for laughter, for love, and for all the many, wonderful friendships that I have.

The other day my husband did the dishes, vacuumed the house, and scopped the poop outside.  Like I said, simple things! ;) I am grateful for his little gestures because they show me that my husband loves me and cherishes me.  He would do anything for me.

On my evening bike ride tonight, I was able to witness a spectacular sunset. And feel the wind on my face. And know that my legs work and keep going. On my bike I feel so ALIVE. I feel control of my body. I feel HEALTHY.  That is a good feeling that I don't take for granted anymore!


I am grateful for the little things that my kids say.  The other day my son, Austin told me that I make him the happiest of anyone (other than the dog ;).

 

My sweet Carson has such a tender heart.  He always knows just when I need a hug, a cuddle, or a smile from his famous "gapper" grin.  We were driving in the car the other day, and he said, totally out of the blue, "Mom, do you know that I love you?"


Those are the moments I cherish.  I soak them up and try my best to never forget them. A few years ago, I might not have fully recognized all of those moments because I was in too much of a hurry to get to the future.

In life, it's the simple things that matter.  I have come to the conclusion that life is but a million simple moments all strung together.  In my eyes, they are what make life worth living, we just have to recognize them.  And it is through God, who gives us those small and simple "blessings" and tender mercies each and every day to show us that He is there, that He cares, and that we have much to be grateful for.  All we have to do is open our eyes. 

 Today I am especially reminded and grateful to still be here.

No comments: