Sunday, December 2, 2012

Prayers for Jillian

 
 
 
One of the blogs that I follow, Jillian's Journey with Melanoma, is the story of a vibrant 23 year old young woman fighting Stage 4 Melanoma.  Her mom is the author of the blog and it is truly inspiring, yet heartbreaking to read.
 
 
Jillian recently was told that the chemo treatments she was getting were not working and that there was pretty much nothing else the doctor's could do.  I can't even fathom hearing those words from my doctor.  CANNOT.
 
 
Jillian is in the fight for her life and needs a miracle.  Please read a little of her story because it is truly moving.  And then I ask that you please pray for her.  Pray for peace and comfort for her and her sweet family.  Pray that Jillian feels the love from so many people praying for her on her behalf.  Pray that Jillian story will continue to touch lives.
 
 
Here are some inspiring thoughts from the Jillian's mother.  I am in awe of her attitude, grace, strength, and courage.
 
 
"My family has lost its innocence in everyday living. We will always walk with cancer as our companion. Although none of us know what the future holds, and there is always fear and uncertainty, maybe it’s not such a loss after all. Perhaps it’s a blessing and an opportunity to share and to give hope and encouragement to those who are experiencing similar trials. Yes, that’s how I’m choosing to look at my future."

 
"I’ve learned much these last two years. I’ve seen firsthand the resilience, determination, and joy, coming from a young 21 year old woman who has been handed a cancer card. I’ve seen what love can do. I’ve seen how extended family members and friends rally around us. I’ve been blessed to have met so many new, wonderful people along this road as we meander along with melanoma as our partner."

"I’ve also seen a darker side, and have taken some hard hits because of it. But my faith remains strong through it all, and I KNOW without a doubt that we will see the other side of this with love, compassion and a peace that surpasses all the darkness that threatens to suck us in."
 
"I will continue to fight for my daughter and for all of those Faces that are currently battling this war against melanoma. And in doing so, spreading awareness where ever I go. That is my quest, my focus. My mission. Nothing will deter me, or my family from achieving this goal."


One more thing.  Take a minute please and sign Jillian's petition to ban teen tanning.  It is her last request and will make a difference in getting the word out about the dangers of tanning.
 
 



No comments: