Friday, December 28, 2012

Rest in Peace, Jillian

 
Jillian Hayes, at the tender age of 23, passed away from complications of melanoma.  Such a sad day for all those who know her, love her, and even those (like me) who don't know know her personally, but read about her on the blog her sweet mother, Susan Hayes, writes.  It always hits home for me when one of my 'comrades' loses their battle with the exact same disease that I have.
 
 
Jillian was truly an inspiring person who lived life with great joy, who gave back, who fought long and hard with determination, and who wanted everyone to be happy.  Everytime I read her blog, I am in tears reading Susan's beautiful words.  Here is an excerpt from her latest post after Jillian passed away:
 
"I don’t know where I'm going yet. But I do know this. Jillian would stand. She would not let life’s circumstances break her. Jillian would live her life each and every day fully. She would have fun! I’m terribly sad, but I’m not broken. I’m lost, but I’ll find my way. God hasn’t let me down so far, not once. I’ll listen for His voice, and wait for His exciting plan for me.
 
In the meantime, I’ll take Jillian’s lead. In honor of what she has taught us, I’m going to Fall Seven Times, and Stand Eight. Or eighty eight."
 
 
May you find great peace and comfort during such a difficult time, Susan.  I pray that your family will feel of God's constant and infinite love.  I pray that you will be able to slowly heal, that you will find new meaning to life, and that you will fill your life with happiness and always remember the important life lessons your daughter taught you.  God bless.
 
 

No comments: