Monday, March 4, 2013

C.S. Lewis was wise...


I strongly believe this.  We control our attitude, our perception of ourselves, our choices and decisions, and ultimately, how much (or how little) we love ourselves.  There have been times in my life when I have struggled to really love myself, but the older I get, the more comfortable I am in my skin, the less I care about what others think (about me), the more confident I am in my strengths, and the more forgiving I am on myself when I fall or make mistakes.
 
 
To me, this statement needs to conclude that simply, we are "children of God".  When we have a firm belief that we are created in God's own image, that we are His children or offspring with divine heritage and worth, it helps us know that we are loved greatly and unconditionally by God.   If we can believe this about ourselves, than we can love ourselves better and then in turn, love others more fully too.

No comments: