Saturday, April 13, 2013

You are Enough

 
Do you ever feel inadequate?  Not good enough?  Not doing enough?  I am beginning to think this is a woman thing, that all of us women have this life-long struggle to feel that we are enough, that what we do isn't enough.  I know I'm not alone in this area.
 
Maybe it's because we wear many "hats" and are usually running in 100 different directions to please everyone and do everything.  Because I run around with my head cut off, I always feel like I'm never doing anything REALLY great because I can't put ALL of my focus and attention on that one thing.
 
Slowly, I am learning that I will probably never feel like I'm doing enough, so I just need to get over that!  I'm a bit of an overachiever and I place high expectations on myself, so this is constant cycle for me.  I'm sure it will be something that I will have to continually work on... I am trying to learn that I am enough though.  That despite falling short of my own expectations, what I do matters to someone else and that my efforts aren't going unnoticed or underappreciated. "A" for effort, right?!
 
Perfection isn't all that is cracked up to be anyways.  ;)

No comments: